Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Should I let it all go? Or should I keep dreaming?

I've always wanted to write a novel. I've wanted to so much that I've practically dreamed myself into oblivion - all of the possibilities, where my journey could take me, who I could meet, what I would do if this dream was accomplished, but alas I have not even completed more than three chapters in my novel. I am dreamer that dreams of far away places, different people, and a world beyond my own yet I don't take any initiative to make my dreams come true.

Am I afraid?
No, I don't think so. Well, maybe I am and am in denial. I honestly do not know.

Do I feel I'm not good enough?
Sometimes this is my biggest problems, but other times this isn't a problem at all. This feeling of being too "little" in a such a "big" world is more a general aspect of my life and doesn't necessarily apply to my writing - I know I can write well if I want to. Maybe I just don't want to be rejected, or be told what I already know about myself - I am not any better than anyone else.

Am I stuck in my current life?
Yes. I am. The life I have now is filled with love, family, and friends - why would ANYONE want to give that up? That doesn't make sense to me either, how can I dream of leaving everything and person I know all for a dream of writing a story of people I've never met and don't exist. I don't think I'll ever figure that one out.

The three questions above are aspects of what I want from life that I am still trying to figure out - fear, rejection, and hesitation. However, while I am figuring out whether I want to pursue my dreams or not, I thoroughly enjoy reading the novels of others and reading where their minds take them. The purpose of this blog is write - just to write about the writing of others, in the hopes that I find where my writing belongs in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment